5G Plans of U.S. Middleprises: IT Exec Survey Data Results
This market study discusses the new technologies that U.S. middleprises, which iGR defines as companies with between 500 and 2,000 employees, are planning to adopt. The study focuses on the planned adoption of 5G and the planned use cases to be supported by 5G private networking.
Data presented is based on iGR’s December 2020 survey of U.S. IT executives and managers in middleprises across multiple vertical industries.
Key Questions Answered
- Which new network technologies are U.S. middleprises planning to adopt in the next year or two?
- What is the specific expected timeframe for adoption of these new technologies?
- For those U.S. middleprises that expect to adopt 5G, is 5G critical for their use cases, or will 4G LTE suffice?
- Do U.S. middleprises plan to replace or supplement their existing Wi-Fi network with 5G?
- What are some of the challenges that U.S. middleprises expect in deploying 5G?
- What are the most critical use cases that U.S. middleprises expect to be supported by 5G private networking?
- Do U.S. middleprises expect that their 5G private network will be connected to external public mobile networks?
- What are the bandwidth and latency requirements for the planned 5G use cases?
Who Should Read
- Enterprise private network vendors and solution providers
- Systems integrators focused on the middleprise market
- Public and private cloud solution providers and vendors
- Mobile operators
- Public cloud and edge platform solution providers
- Wired and wireless infrastructure vendors
- Financial and investment analysts.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- What This Means
- New Technologies Available to U.S. Middleprises
- Current Status of U.S. 5G Deployments
- Private Cellular Networks
- Wi-Fi 6
- Middleprise Plans for New Technologies
- Middleprise Plans for 5G
- Middleprise 5G Private Networking Use Cases
- Middleprise Survey Respondents
- About iGR
List of Tables
- Table 1: Planned New Technologies
- Table 2: Timeframes for Planned New Technologies
- Table 3: Requirement for 5G
- Table 4: Plans for 5G Networks and Wi-Fi
- Table 5: Expected Challenges in the Deployment of 5G Networks
- Table 6: Critical Use Cases for 5G Networks
- Table 7: 5G Network and Connectivity Requirements
- Table 8: 5G Use Case Bandwidth Requirements
- Table 9: 5G Use Case Latency Requirements
- Table 10: Number of Employees in Surveyed Middleprises
- Table 11: Annual Revenues of Surveyed Middleprises
- Table 12: Middleprise Industries
- Table 13: Job Titles of Surveyed Middleprise IT Executives
- Definitions Table
List of Charts
- Figure A: Planned New Technologies
- Figure B: Requirement for 5G
- Figure 1: 5G Capabilities
- Figure 2: Planned New Technologies
- Figure 3: Timeframes for Planned New Technologies
- Figure 4: Requirement for 5G
- Figure 5: Plans for 5G Networks and Wi-Fi
- Figure 6: Expected Challenges in the Deployment of 5G Networks
- Figure 7: Critical Use Cases for 5G Networks
- Figure 8: 5G Network and Connectivity Requirements
- Figure 9: 5G Use Case Bandwidth Requirements
- Figure 10: 5G Use Case Latency Requirements
- Figure 11: Number of Employees in Surveyed Middleprises
- Figure 12: Annual Revenues of Surveyed Middleprises
- Figure 13: Middleprise Industries
- Figure 14: Job Titles of Surveyed Middleprise IT Executives
For additional information on the 5G Plans of U.S. Middleprises: IT Exec Survey Data Results market study, please contact Iain Gillott at (512) 263-5682 or by email.