Working from Home in the U.S. during the COVID-19 pandemic: What are the numbers and how is it going?
It is widely known that many corporate Americans are now working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This short report provides some details around this phenomenon, both in terms of the number of affected workers, their Internet experience at home, and their perceived plans to return to the office.
The report is based on results from iGR’s October 2020 survey of over 1,000 U.S. mobile consumers.
Key Questions Answered
- What percentage of U.S. mobile consumers worked from home before the pandemic?
- What percentage of U.S. mobile consumers worked from home at the beginning of the pandemic in March?
- What percentage of U.S. mobile consumers were working from home during the fourth quarter of 2020?
- When, if ever, do U.S. mobile consumers plan to return to the office?
- How are U.S. companies supporting workers? Are they providing devices to their employees or reimbursing for mobile or home Internet service?
- Are U.S. mobile consumers more likely to access the Internet through their home Internet service or their mobile service?
- How satisfied are U.S. consumers that are working from home with their Internet service?
Who Should Read
- Mobile operators
- Cable MSOs and other fixed broadband providers
- Device OEMs
- Content providers and distributors
- Financial analysts and investors.
Table of Contents
- Working from Home – The Numbers
- The Work-from-Home Experience
- About iGR
List of Tables
- Table 1: Work from Home Pre-COVID
- Table 2: Work from Home at the Beginning of Shutdown
- Table 3: Work from Home Now
- Table 4: Work from Home Pre-COVID and Now
- Table 5: Company Plans to Open the Office
- Table 6: Work-from-Home Financial Support
- Table 7: Work-from-Home Internet Connection
- Table 8: Satisfaction with Internet Service
List of Charts
- Figure 1: Work from Home Pre-COVID
- Figure 2: Work from Home at the Beginning of Shutdown
- Figure 3: Work from Home Now
- Figure 4: Work from Home Pre-COVID and Now
- Figure 5: Company Plans to Open the Office
- Figure 6: Work-from-Home Financial Support
- Figure 7: Work-from-Home Internet Connection
- Figure 8: Satisfaction with Internet Service
For additional information on the Working from Home in the U.S. during the COVID-19 pandemic market study, please contact Iain Gillott at (512) 263-5682 or by email.
More than 460 research reports, papers and webinars published since 2002. See More
- U.S. Health Care Private CBRS Network Forecast, 2021-2026: CBRS Network Build,...
- U.S. Office Private CBRS Network Forecast, 2021 – 2026: CBRS Network Build,...
- U.S. Education Private CBRS Network Forecast, 2021-2026: CBRS Network Build,...
- U.S. IBW Forecast, 2021 – 2026: Spending in Commercial Buildings and...
- U.S. Outdoor Small Cells Forecast, 2021-2026: Later, not Sooner
- U.S. MNO Edge Computing Spending Forecast, 2021-2026