Quarterly Trends and Analysis: Q1 2019
This report, presented in a PowerPoint presentation, outlines the major trends in the U.S. wireless industry in Q1 2019.
The three main themes covered include:
- Network – general trends about changes in the network as the industry moves to 5G
- RAN – trends in the industry related to densification, small cells, C-RAN, etc.
- OTT – Over The Top service trends
The trends and themes covered in this report will be further explored in future quarters. iGR avoided topics that were one-time occurrences and instead focused on events that were part of an ongoing trend.
Key Questions Answered
- What were the major trends of the wireless and mobile industry during the first quarter of 2019?
- What major announcements were made by players in the mobile industry?
- What trends were identified regarding the mobile network, RAN and OTT services?
- What research and forecasts of iGR support these trends?
Who Should Read
- Mobile operators
- Device OEMs
- Mobile infrastructure vendors
- Mobile backhaul services and solutions providers
- Content providers and distributors
- Financial and investment analysts.
Table of Contents
- A Thought for the Quarter
- Awareness of 5G, 2019
- 5G Equipment/Deployments
- 5G Contracts/Deployments
- Global Mobile Core Network Spending
- 5G Apps/Services
- Global Mobile Connections
- N.A. Mobile Connections
- U.S. 5G Mobile Service Revenues
- U.S. 5G Total Service Revenues
- Edge Computing
- 5G Refarming and Migration
- CBRS Developments
- Indoor Densification
- Capacity & Densification
- Ongoing move to OTT
- Acronyms & Definitions
List of Charts and figures
- Spending on bulding the Mobile Core Network, N.A., AP and Europe, 2018-2028
- Worldwide Connections by Technology Generation, 2018-2023
- N.A. Connections by Technology Generation, 2018-2023
- U.S. Revenue ($M) from 5G Mobile Services, 2017-2027
- Total Annual 5G U.S. Revenue ($M), 2017-2027
- Comparison of Indoor Small Cell Node Forecast TAM and Actuals, 2017-2022
- Comparison of U.S. Outdoor Small Cell TAM with Actuals, 2017-2022
For additional information on the Quarterly Trends and Analysis: Q1 2019 market study, please contact Iain Gillott, at (512) 263-5682 or by email.