Quarterly Trends and Analysis: Q3 2018
This report, presented in a PowerPoint presentation, outlines the major trends in the U.S. wireless industry in Q3 2018.
The four main themes covered include:
- Network – general trends about changes in the network as the industry moves to 5G
- Fixed Wireless Access – trends relating to fixed wireless 5G deployments
- RAN – trends in the industry related to densification, small cells, C-RAN, etc.
- OTT – Over The Top service trends
The trends and themes covered in this report will be further explored in future quarters. iGR avoided topics that were one-time occurrences and instead focused on events that were part of an ongoing trend.
Key Questions Answered
- What were the major trends of the wireless and mobile industry during the third quarter of 2018?
- What major announcements were made by players in the mobile industry?
- What trends were identified regarding the mobile network, fixed wireless access, RAN, and OTT services?
- What research and forecasts of iGR support these trends?
Who Should Read
- Mobile operators
- Device OEMs
- Mobile infrastructure vendors
- Mobile backhaul services and solutions providers
- Content providers and distributors
- Financial and investment analysts.
Table of Contents
- A Thought for the Quarter
- 5G Hype…How will we deliver?
- 5G contracts
- 5G Mobile Service Revenues
- 5G Total Service Revenues
- 5G Deployments
- Internet of Things
- Fixed Wireless Access
- Fixed Wireless Access announcements
- FWA revenue forecast
- 5G Refarming and Migration
- CBRS Developments
- Indoor small cell TAM and deployments
- Capacity & Densification
- Outdoor small cell TAM and deployments
- Ongoing move to OTT
- 5G Entertainment Revenues
- Acronyms & Definitions
List of Charts and figures
- U.S. Revenue ($M) from 5G Mobile Services, 2017-2027
- Total Annual 5G U.S. Revenue ($M), 2017-2027
- U.S. Service Revenue ($M) from 5G IoT, 2017-2027
- U.S. 5G FWA Services Revenues, 2017-2027 ($M)
- Comparison of Indoor Small Cell Node Forecast TAM and Actuals, 2017-2022
- Comparison of Outdoor Small Cell Node TAM with Actuals, 2017-2022
- Annual Revenue from U.S. 5G Entertainment Services, 2017-2027 ($M)
For additional information on the Quarterly Trends and Analysis: Q3 2018 market study, please contact Iain Gillott, at (512) 263-5682 or by email.