U.S. In-Building LTE Small Cell Forecast, 2013-2018: Addressable Markets, Deployments & Spending
As compared to macrocells, picocells are low power in-building cells that operate on an operator’s licensed frequency and are deployed indoors to provide additional coverage and/or capacity in a given building. This report provides a forecast for both the U.S. total addressable market for LTE picocells and a forecast for the expected actual U.S. deployments of LTE picocells.
The assumptions underlying iGR’s LTE picocell forecasts are explained in this report. The forecasts are further based on iGR’s global connections forecast report and iGR’s mobile data forecast report, as well as iGR’s primary and secondary research, and various other sources.
Key Questions Answered
- What is a picocell?
- How do picocells fit into mobile operators’ evolving networks?
- Where are picocells most likely to be located? What is their role?
- What are the different types of picocells?
- How much mobile data do end users in the U.S. consume per month?
- How many picocells are forecast to be deployed?
- How does the forecast for actual picocell deployments compare to the picocell total addressable market (TAM)?
- How much would deploying these LTE picocells cost?
Who Should Read
- Mobile operators
- Infrastructure OEMs
- Small cell product and solution vendors
- Backhaul service providers and equipment OEMs
- Financial analysts and investors.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Rising Demand for Mobile Data
- Estimating Mobile Data Demand
- Setting the Stage for Small Cells
- Network “Pain Points”
- Small Cell Definitions
- Overview of Small Cell Technical Considerations
- ICIC and eICIC
- Carrier Interest in LTE Picocells
- Benefits of Deploying Small Cells
- Drawbacks of Deploying Small Cells
- Forecast: LTE Picocells
- General Picocell-related Trends
- LTE Picocell TAM Assumptions & Methodology
- Picocell Spending Estimate
- Small Cell Vendor Profiles
- Airspan Networks
- Fujitsu Network Communications
- Nokia Networks
- Public Wireless
- PureWave Networks
- Ruckus Wireless
- Samsung Electronics
- SpiderCloud Wireless
- Taqua LLC
- ZTE Corporation
- Device Types
- Network Technology
- About iGR
List of Tables
- Table 1: Average Mobile Data Traffic per Month per Subscriber Type, 2013-2018
- Table 2: North American mobile data usage per month, 2013-2018 (PB per month)
- Table 3: Different Types of Small Cells, Licensed and Unlicensed Spectrum
- Table 4: Number of U.S. Companies and Employees, 2013
- Table 5: U.S. LTE Picocell Total Addressable Market, 2013-2018
- Table 6: U.S. LTE Picocell Actual Deployments, 2013-2018
- Table 7: Estimated U.S. In-building Picocell Spending, 2013-2018
List of Charts and Figures
- Figure A: U.S. LTE Picocell Market, 2013-2018
- Figure B: LTE Picocell Network and Operational Spending, 2013-2018 ($M)
- Figure 1: Average Mobile Data Traffic per Month per Subscriber Type, 2013-2018
- Figure 2: North American mobile data usage per month, 2013-2018 (PB per month)
- Figure 3: Het-Net Overview
- Figure 4: Possible Interference Sources in a Loaded Network
- Figure 5: U.S. LTE Picocell Total Addressable Market, 2013-2018
- Figure 6: U.S. LTE Picocell Actual Deployments, 2013-2018
- Figure 7: Estimated U.S. In-building Picocell Spending, 2013-2018 ($M)
- Figure 8: Cisco Licensed Small Cell Solution
- Figure 9: Fujitsu LTE Femtocell System Solution
- Figure 10: Juni LTE Small Cell Solution
- Figure 11: Oracle Communications Security Gateway
- Figure 12: SpiderCloud E-RAN System
For additional information on the U.S. In-Building LTE Small Cell Forecast, 2013-2018: Addressable markets, deployments & spending market research report, please contact Iain Gillott, at (512) 263-5682 or by email.