LTE Advanced: The Next Evolutionary Step
Much has been written and said about 2G, 3G, and 4G technologies as the wireless industry has grown in a fragmented fashion from its inception in the late 1980’s. LTE Advanced is a very different set of technologies that will be the target network platform for mobile operators and will likely also be the platform for 5G and advanced wireless cloud computing in the future.
LTE Advanced is officially defined as 3GPP Releases 10 and higher – Release 11 and 12 are expected in the next few years. Release 10 LTE was first deployed in 2012 with major network deployments expected throughout 2013 and 2014.
This report provides an overview of LTE Advanced and its potential impact on the mobile network operators and infrastructure OEMs.
Key Questions Answered
- What defines LTE Advanced?
- When are LTE Advanced networks expected?
- What capabilities does LTE Advanced provide?
- What are the opportunities presented by LTE Advanced?
- What are the risks and threats associated with LTE Advanced?
- What is the outlook for LTE Advanced in the next 48 months?
Who Should Read
- Mobile network operators
- Mobile infrastructure OEMs
- Small cell OEMs and vendors
- Financial analysts and investors.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- What is the Current State of Standards Related to LTE Advanced?
- What is the Current State of LTE Advanced in the Market?
- Who are the Players in LTE Advanced?
- How will LTE Advanced Impact Current Technology?
- SWOT Analysis: LTE Advanced
- What is the Outlook for LTE Advanced?
- The Next 12-24 Months and 24-48 Months
- LTE Vendor Profiles
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- Samsung Electronics
- ZTE Corporation
- Device Types
- Network Technology
- About iGR
List of Tables
- Table 1: 3GPP Release 8 – 11 Capabilities
- Table 2: 3GPP Release 8 – 12 Standardization and Commercialization Schedule
- Table 3: Worldwide Rollout of Release 10 of 3GPP
- Table 4: LTE Advanced Players
- Table 5: LTE Advanced Functionality
- Table 6: Outlook for LTE Advanced, 12-24 Months
- Table 7: Outlook for LTE Advanced, 24-48 Months
List of Charts and Figures
- Figure 1: SWOT Analysis
- Figure 2: Alcatel-Lucent Wireless Packet Core
- Figure 3: Cisco V2oLTE CSFB and SMS
For additional information on the LTE Advanced: The Next Evolutionary Step market research report, please contact Iain Gillott, at (512) 263-5682 or by email.